Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice
Identify which competencies you will be developing during the course of your APE (please identify a minimum of five competencies, of which three must be foundational competencies):
- FC1: Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice
- FC2: Select quantitative and qualitative data collection methods appropriate for a given public health context
- FC3: Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using biostatistics, informatics, computer-based programming and software, as appropriate.
- FC4: Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy or practice
- FC7: Assess population needs, assets, and capacities that affect communities’ health
- EPIC1: Identify key sources of data for epidemiologic purposes.
- EPIC2: Describe a public health problem in terms of magnitude, person, time and place.
- EPIC3: Apply the basic terminology and definitions of epidemiology.
- EPIC4: Draw appropriate inferences from epidemiologic data.