Explain how the article uses descriptive statistics
Visit one of the following newspapers’ websites: USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, or Washington Post. Select an article that uses statistical data related to a current event, your major, your current field, or your future career goal. The chosen article must have a publication date during this quarter.
The article should use one of the following categories of descriptive statistics:
• Measures of Frequency – Counting Rules, Percent, Frequency, Frequency Distributions
• Measures of Central Tendency – Mean, Median, Mode
• Measures of Dispersion or Variation – Range, Variance, Standard Deviation
• Measures of Position – Percentile, Quartiles
Write a two to three (2-1/2) page paper in which you:
- Write a summary of the article.
- Explain how the article uses descriptive statistics.
- Explain how the article applies to the real world, your major, your current job, or your future career goal.
- Analyze the reasons why the article chose to use the various types of data shared in the article