How would you explain the correlation between the amount of corruption in a country and economic development?
DISCUSSION: Using 300-350 words, write a brief discussion, in your own words of how the article relates to the selected chapter Key Term. A discussion is not rehashing what was already stated in the article, but the opportunity for you to add value by sharing your experiences, thoughts and opinions. This is the most important part of the assignment.
Module 3 Discussion
- Using the MLB steroids case as an example, explain how unethical choices by some players harms players who comply with the rules.
Module 4 discussion
- How would you describe that factors that determine the tone at the top?
Module 5 Discussion
- How would you explain the correlation between the amount of corruption in a country and economic development?
Module 6 Discussion
- Discuss the risks of avoiding confrontation of a problem employee.
Module 7 Discussion
- Stanford University medical researchers conducted a study on the correlation between the use of fertility drugs and ovarian cancer. Their study, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, concludes that the use of the fertility drugs, Pergonal and Serophene, may increase the risk of ovarian cancer by three times. The lead author of the studies, Professor Alice Whittemore, stated, “Our finding in regard to fertility drugs is by no means certain. It is based on very small numbers and is really very tenuous.”
FDA Commissioner David Kessler would like the infertility drug manufacturers to disclose the study findings and offer a warning on the drug packages. He notes, “Even though the epidemiology study is still preliminary, women have a right to know what is known. We’re not looking to make more of this than there is.”
If you were a manufacturer of one of the drugs, would you voluntarily disclose the study information?
Module 8 Discussions
- Explain the impact of private equity firm acquisition of manufacturing and retail firms.