What does it mean to be human?
- Part I: (50-word minimum)
What is a worldview? Define what the term “worldview” means. Use descriptive phrases to support your definition.
- Part II: (300-word minimum)
Articulate the biblical/Christian worldview (what is believed) for each of the following 5 questions. Give 2 relevant scripture references for each of the five questions below (do not write out the verses) to support why it is believed. Each of the 5 questions must be answered in a separate paragraph.
- The Question of Origin – (How did life begin? How did mankind come into existence?)
- The Question of Identity – (What does it mean to be human? Are humans more important than animals?)
- The Question of Meaning/Purpose – (Why does mankind exist? Why do I exist?)
- The Question of Morality – (What is meant by right and wrong? How should I live?)
- The Question of Destiny – (Is there life after death? What will happen to me when I die?)
*An overview of these specific worldview questions can be found in chapter 4 of Finding Your Worldview: Thinking Christianly about the World
Part III: (100-word minimum)
Referring specifically to how biblical worldview beliefs influence your answer, choose only 2 of these:
How might/should a biblical worldview influence the way you…
- …think about, treat, and speak to others on a daily basis?
- …vote in local or national elections?
- …treat/interact with the environment and non-human creation?
- …decide on a future career (what you will choose and/or how you will carry it out)?