What does the acronym SWOT stand for?
- List and explain four criticisms of the strategic planning process, as discussed in the lecture. Which of the criticisms do you see as key for all organizations to overcome? Why?
- List, explain, and provide examples from the assigned Company/Case -Bed Bath & Beyond -for five external variables that can shape an organization’s strategy. Through an example, explain why an external analysis must be performed.
- What does the acronym SWOT stand for? Briefly discuss each element of the SWOT citing four examples for each, from the assigned Company/Case Bed Bath & Beyond-. Also explain how a SWOT analysis is conducted and when it is used.
- “Key Success Factors (KSF’s) by their very nature are so important to future competitive success, that all firms in an industry must be competent at performing or achieving them; or risk becoming an industry also-ran.” List, explain, and provide examples for four of the KSF’s, as discussed in the text and in the lecture, and apply each to the assigned Company/Case Bed Bath & Beyond .
- Explain the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Model in full detail. Using the Company/Case assigned- Bed Bath & Beyond, run this organization through this model, citing an example for each component of the BCG.
- Comment with your agreement or disagreement (and why) on the following quote; include in your answer a discussion of what the CEO’s role should be in setting ethical standards and in enforcing ethical behavior: “Value statements serve as a cornerstone for culture building; a code of ethics serves as a cornerstone for developing a corporate conscience.” List three specific actions from the Company/Case assigned- that demonstrate (or do not demonstrate) Ethical Behavior/Standards. Bed Bath & Beyond
- Explain the GE Model in full detail. Using the Company/Case assigned Bed Bath & Beyond -, run this organization through this model, citing an example for each component of the GE Model.
- Explain the Product Lifecycle in full detail and provide examples from the Company/Case assigned Bed Bath & Beyond – for each stage of the Product Lifecycle.
- Discuss the relationship between “Best Practices” and “Benchmarking,” further discuss how organizations can strategically utilize both. Include in your discussion two different examples from the Company/Case assigned Bed Bath & Beyond, in regards to how these concepts could be used