What is meant by the term Corporate Culture?
- What is meant by the term “Corporate Culture?” Summarize the “Golfer” article, include each of the “key” concepts from this article, and then provide a comparison of each of these “keys” to your current or last job. Can play and fun interfere with constructive employee efforts? Explain. Discuss how to incorporate (and then implement) “fun” into the strategic planning process.
- List and explain four key, core competencies that will assist any organization in developing an employee-based, sustainable competitive advantage? Many organizations are faced with the human resource problem: “the right people aren’t in the right jobs.” Should the leaders of the organization in your case (or place of employment, current or immediate past) spend more time selecting, appraising, and developing people? Why? Is this the solution to strategy execution? Why?
3.Discuss these statements from your point of view (agree or disagree and why):
o “In creating a strategy-supportive reward structure it is important to define jobs and assignments in terms of the results to be accomplished, not just in terms of the duties to be performed.”
o “The use of incentives and rewards is the simple most powerful tool at management’s disposal to win strong employee commitment to carrying out the strategic plan.?
- Summarize each of the following three models and then compare and contrast each:
o BCG Model
o GE Model
o Product Lifecycle
- Discuss the differences between a vision and a mission. Why are organizations finding it difficult to execute the strategies that they design? Discuss in detail (with three examples from the Bed Bath, and Beyond) how an organization implements strategies effectively.
- What is the value of a SWOT analysis? What are the key considerations to performing this analysis? How does it contribute to the task of crafting strategy? Why is it appropriate to argue that good strategy-making and good strategy-implementing are valid signs of good management?
- Using the industry from Bed Bath and Beyond, explain the major factors that enter into an assessment of whether an industry does or does not have long-term attractiveness? Can an industry be attractive to one company and unattractive to another? Why? How does a company develop a competitive capability and then the ultimate competitive advantage?
- Perform a SWOT Analysis on/for Indiana Tech, listing four examples for each component of the SWOT, along with the UT (ultimate threat).
- Discuss the relationship of a continuous improvement program to the strategic planning process. How can a total quality culture be the ultimate strategic competitive advantage? Explain through three examples.
- Explain the following quote and provide a plan of action with four examples, in regards to “what it takes to get it done.” “Implementing and executing strategy is the ultimate task of strategic management. It involves seeing what it will take to ‘make it happen,’ then getting it done in a manner that achieves the targeted results.”