What is the threat of transnational gangs to local communities?
Use scholarly sources you need and refer to specific information from those sources. To demonstrate your use of these works, please cite them. Quotes should be used very sparingly. The answers should be paraphrased and should demonstrate your understanding of the material and concepts.
Each answer needs to be 300 words
- What is the threat of transnational gangs to local communities? How should immigration laws be changed to be able to appropriately deal with members of transnational gangs once they are identified?
- What relationship do you see between social, political, and economic conditions of an ethnic group to the success or decline of a gang from that ethnic group?
- How do the responses of correctional staff to the gangs contrast or compare to those of law enforcement? Provide at least two resources supporting your answer.
- Compare and contrast gangs from two ethnic groups in terms of membership, criminal activity, violence, and relationship to their own community.
- Consider the trend of more females becoming involved in gang activity. How does this trend change the way law enforcement devises programs to suppress, intervene, and combat gangs?